The Canton Soccer Club offers this introductory program for all U5 boys and girls. This program is run by our Recreational Director, Andy Pritchard, who is a full-time coach for the Canton Soccer Club Select/Premier Program. Andy has put together an excellent curriculum for our parent coaches. If you are interested in coaching your child's team, you may indicate so during the registration process. The only requirement is that you must have a Risk Management
card (background check through the MSYSA).
||All teams are single gender and we try to place the children on teams according to what elementary school they will attend in the fall or what subdivision they reside in. The program is held weekly for about 1 hour and usually runs 6-8 weeks depending on the weather. The first ½ hour is training then will conclude with scrimmaging another U5 team for the remaining time. The program is held on Sunday afternoons (1pm) at Independence Park.
Each player must turn five years old during the soccer year (August 1st through July 31). The State Soccer Association (MSYSA) mandates that players that do not fall in this age group are NOT eligible to play. Click HERE for the official MSYSA Age Eligibility Chart.
The U5 Program is now offered in Fall and Spring.
- Fall Season – The weekend after Labor Day through October.
- Spring Season – Mid-April through Mid-June
Registration is online only by clicking the “register” icon in the upper left corner.
- Fall Registration – June 1 to September 1
- Spring Registration – January 1 to April 1
(Credit Card Only)
Team Placement and Request Policies
Fall 2012 Schedule
Spring 2013 Schedule
If you have specific questions regarding the U5 program, please email the Canton Soccer Club office.
- You will receive a call or email from a parent volunteer/coach approximately two weeks before the league starts with further information.
- U5 players will receive a T-shirt.
- Rosters will be posted one to two weeks prior to the start of the league. You can login to your account at that point and it will show your child's team. Coach contact information is listed under "Staff."
- Parents do need to supply a size #3 ball, shin guards and soccer shoes.